Ep 19: Meg Lewis of Ghostly Ferns and Full Time You on embracing your inner weirdo
This episode is brought you by Anchor & Orbit, a resource and consultancy for people who think big and are serious about making their goals happen. And by Big Cartel, easy online stores for artists and makers.
Meg Lewis is a designer, teacher, and founder of Ghostly Ferns collective and Full Time You, a self-discovery workbook and video series empowering you to be you. She also co-founded a coworking space in Minneapolis called Fool Proof. With a truly unique and stand-out personal brand, Meg has dedicated herself to helping others embrace their most unique qualities.
Meg first went to fashion school in LA and quickly realized competition was not for her. She then designed her own major in Chicago and went to school just long enough to learn what she needed to know to be a freelance designer. After years of working as a freelance designer alongside her closest friends, this year, she paused client work to launch Full Time you. We talk about her path, self-esteem and how it impacts our careers, embracing your unique qualities, protecting your own energy, social media, and more.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of having someone to listen to you objectively
- Following what feels right at any given time and going with the flow
- How being a supportive member of your industry is a great thing for your career
- Taking a risk to start something new
- How low self-esteem has been the cause of low points in her career
- How she lifts herself back up
- Why your unique qualities are your secret weapon
- Exercises for identifying your most unique and valuable qualities
- Protecting your energy when helping others
- Why Meg works with her friends and makes new friends everywhere she goes
- Blurring the lines between work and life in a sustainable way
- Tactical advice for filtering out collaborators and clients who aren’t a fit
- How to stand out on social media
- Tips for finding and being a part of a supportive community on the internet
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Dig this episode? Your ratings and reviews on iTunes go a long way – please take a few moments to share one! ❤